Phone: (202) 572-9700
Consular Hours: Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Address: 3516 International Court NW, Washington, DC 20008
The Embassy of Malaysia is located at the international center area, near the Office of the Foreign Mission (OFM) of the Department of State, the University of the District of Columbia (UDC), and the INTELSAT Headquarter.
Van Ness-UDC Station on the red line of the Metro system is the closest station to the Embassy of Malaysia. From the station, it is approximately a 13-minute walk to the Embassy. Use the map shown below to find suggested routes.
From Van Ness-UDC Metro Station
Blank Passport Pages
Tourist Visa Required
Currency Restrictions for Entry
Currency Restrictions for Exit
Types of Visa
The Malaysian Government issues three types of visas:
Single Entry Visa: Issued to foreigners who are traveling to Malaysia mainly for a social visit. The visa is valid for a single entry and for 3 months from the date of issue.
Multiple Entry Visa: Issued to foreigners who are traveling to Malaysia for business or government-to-government matters. It is valid for 3 to 12 months from the date of issue. Citizens of India and the People's Republic of China who wish to enter Malaysia for a social visit may apply for the Multiple Entry Visa. The Multiple Entry Visa is valid one year. Each entry is for 30 days only and the extension of stay is not allowed.
Transit Visa: Issued to foreigners who are traveling to Malaysia on transit to other countries. If you are not leaving the airport premises and will continue your trip to the next destination with the same flight, then a transit visa is not required.
Application for a Visa Without Reference
A visa without reference is required for the purpose of a social visit. The following documents required are:
1) Original passport valid for 6 months beyond stay in Malaysia.
2) Two copies of the applicant's passport.
3) Two copies of the completed visa application form
4) Two passport size photographs.
5) Original and two copies of an air ticket.
6) Bank statement / traveler's cheque.
7) Invitation letter (if any).
8) Payment of visa fee.
Application for a Visa With Reference
A visa with a reference is required for students, those seeking employment, dependants and professionals on a visit pass. The following documents are required:
1) Original approval letter from the Immigration Department of Malaysia/other authority agencies.
2) Original passport valid for 6 months beyond stay in Malaysia.
3) Two copies of the applicant's passport.
4) Two copies of visa application form
5) Two passport size photographs.
6) Original and two copies of an air ticket.
7) Payment of visa fee.